Published by Gale
"These electronic resources would be especially useful for students as well as educators looking for content that supports twenty-first-century learning skills. They would also be a valuable resource for those who just want to expand their knowledge of U.S. and world historical events."
--Booklist, June 2012
History in Context - your choice of two next-generation knowledge portals - attracts and supports today's learners. Based on Gale's successful History Resource Center products, these new portals offer outstanding primary and secondary history sources combined with the media-rich selections that today's users demand.
A Web-like interface and intuitive functionality lead to a comprehensive selection of multimedia results that put the tools of the historian into users' hands with an ease and engagement never before experienced.
World History in Context reaches back nearly 5,000 years to chronicle the rise and fall of cultures and societies across all continents and eras. Rare primary sources combine with reliable references to put content into context for every learner.
The growing collection of new Gale In Context knowledge portals deliver authoritative, media-rich content complemented by features that foster information literacy and encourage critical thinking:
- Search Assist (with "Did You Mean?" prompt) helps users find accurate results
- Factbox overviews of biographical highlights encourage further investigation
- Related Topics and vetted websites aid discovery of similar content
- Content organized by type - reference, news, primary sources, multimedia and more - supports general users and those who wish to conduct extensive research
- Interactive maps place information in geographical context
- Translation-on-demand, ReadSpeaker text-to-speech and font size adjustment technology support diverse communities and differentiated learning
- MLA7 and APA citation tools facilitate correct assignment presentation
- Tools to download, print and share content online encourages collaboration
Product number: 173120