The Jewish Review was begun in 1893 by Samuel Oppenheimer and Jack Machol. Dan S. Wertheimer purchased the paper in 1896 and, with the Hebrew Obsever, created the Jewish Review and Observer.
The weekly newspaper was a reflection of Cleveland's established Jewish community, documenting the activities of its synagogues, clubs, and philanthropic organizations. Immigrant societies were included when they reached some permanence and began using English rather than Yiddish. The newspaper continued to be published by the Wertheimer family until 1964.
Place of publication: Cleveland, OH
Number of rolls: 32