The Woman’s Peace Party (WPP) was founded in 1915 at a national conference called by Jane Addams and Carrie Chapman Catt. Some 3,000 members of various local women’s peace organizations gathered in Washington, DC, and established the WPP on a platform calling for a conference of neutral nations, limitation of armaments, opposition to militarism in the United States, democratic control of foreign policy, and extension of the vote to women. In 1919 the WPP became the U.S. Section of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom.
The Collected Records of the Woman’s Peace Party is divided into two chronologically arranged series: Historical Records and Correspondence. These include annual meeting minutes, executive council minutes, membership lists, literature, speeches, letters, clippings, releases, reports, and resolutions.
Number of rolls: 23