In the United States and Canada, please
or contact your sales representative.
Outside the U.S. and Canada, find a listing of our Sales Offices and Distributors.
Since its launch in 2002, our state-of-the-art Gale PowerSearch platform has been adopted by more than 70,000 public, academic, K12 and special libraries. Gale PowerSearch offers ease-of-use, enormous flexibility and a wide range of features and benefits based on feedback from users.
A new more visually appealing interface for Gale PowerSearch 2.0 gives users a Web-like experience and includes added features that will appeal to and empower library patrons, students and other researchers.
Gale PowerSearch 2.0
New features developed using end-user feedback include:
- More user-friendly homepage with easy-to-navigate links
- Simplified browsing through Gale's more than 20,000 publications, allowing for refined browsing by subject and type
- New Publication Browse and Subject Browse, including hover technology that allows users to see more publication details without clicking through
- ReadSpeaker technology allowing users to listen to audio versions of articles or download the MP3 file for listening later
- The technology to support a diverse range of languages with on-demand translation of documents—Russian, Arabic, and Polish were just added to the existing eight languages
- Ability to create individual account profiles, name and save any search, and receive search alerts when new content is available
- Customizable RSS feeds on the homepage that enable the library to highlight information and publications important to their community
- Enhanced search results that incorporate context-sensitive multimedia, including images, video and podcasts
- Web 2.0 sharing tools, including delicious, MySpace, Reddit, Digg, Facebook, Newsvine and more