Its a single-click
return ticket to any page, any result, any search from your Gale online
An InfoMark is a stable URL, linked to your Gale online resources. InfoMarks can be used like any other URL*, but
theyre better because theyre stable they dont
change. Using an InfoMark is like performing the search again whenever
you follow the link whether the result is a single article or a
list of articles.
Since the technology to create InfoTrac InfoMarks is built into every
Gale InfoTrac database and Resource Center, you can:
- Save time
- Share information
- Update information
- Keep everyone on the
- Mark a single article
- Mark a list of articles
- Create an advanced search and re-execute it days,
weeks or months later.
You can share your InfoMark with anyone else that
has access to the same Gale subscription databases both
local and remote users.
the perfect technology tool for creating:
- Reading lists
- Course reserves
- Current awareness topic sites- links to periodical
or newspaper sources
- Online/distance learning courses
- Bibliographies, reference lists
- e-Learning sites
- Electronic journals and periodical directories
- Teacher lesson plans
- Student assignments
- Hot topics
Even more amazing its
If you can copy and paste, you can use
InfoMarks. When you see the InfoMark icon (the blue ball with the i)
on a result page, its URL can be copied and pasted into your electronic
document web page, word processing document or e-mail.
- Once InfoMarks are incorporated into a document,
the results are persistent (the URLs will not change) and are dynamic.
By posting an InfoMark you preset a search path that
is available to all jointly subscribed users.
Dynamic results forever up-to-date!
Even though the saved search is used over and
over again at different times by different users an InfoMark
always functions like a brand new search. Each time a saved search is
executed, it accesses the latest updated and added information in your
Gale Resource Center or InfoTrac databases. That means subsequent
InfoMark searches might yield additional or more up-to-date
information than the original search with less time and effort.
You dont have
to share to benefit from InfoMarks.
If youve conducted a lengthy search that yields
the desired results, you dont have to re-trace all of the steps
to get the same search results at a later time or from a different computer.
Just copy and paste an InfoMark then save it in a note to yourself.
Features and Benefits:
- Save searches to automate redundant tasks
- Ensure that search results are always dynamic
- Accessibility from remote and local computers
- Its as easy as using the Copy and Paste
- Provides a link to Web OPACs
- Enables accurate usage tracking
- Provides links to specific articles
- All information is copyright cleared
- And its built right into your InfoTrac database
or Resource Center!
required to create and use InfoMarks:
- Access to a Gale InfoTrac database or Resource Center
- Netscape 3.0 and higher,
or Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 and higher.
- To use InfoMarks, you must set your browser to
* URL is short for "universal resource locator"
its the " Web address" or the location of a web
site or other resources on the World Wide Web.
** About Cookies
Some users are concerned about accepting cookies, but you should know
that a cookie is a piece of text stored in the browser on the local system.
The text cannot act as a virus. It does not collect information from the
hard drive. Often, as in this case, accepting cookies allows greater flexibility
and maximizes the benefits of Web-based applications.