WEB FEET Sample Searches
WEB FEET is a
comprehensive subject guide to the best free resources available on the Internet. It is not a search engine,
but collections of preselected, annotated, and cataloged Web sites reviewed by librarians, subject experts,
educators, and editors.
Find Web sites on the Civil War.
- Log into WEB FEET and enter "Civil War" in the search by keyword entry box on the home page.
- Click on the arrow button to retrieve more than 110 Internet resources.
A 10th-grade teacher wants to find lesson plans on language arts for an assignment for his class.
- Log into WEB FEET and enter "lesson plans language arts g10" in the search by keyword on the home page.
- Click on the arrow button to retrieve more than 100 Internet resources.
A student needs to find biology resources in order to choose a topic for a class assignment.
- Log into WEB FEET and go to the topic pick lists on the home page.
- Click on Biology under the "Science & Technology" heading.
- Under "Biology", click on such topics as "Endangered Species", "Genetics", and "Heart & Circulatory System" to retrieve numerous Internet resources.
A parent wants to find Web sites sponsored by PBS.
- Log into WEB FEET and select "Author/Source" from the dropdown search options on the home page.
- Enter "PBS" in the entry box.
- Click on the arrow button to retrieve more than 55 Web sites from PBS.
An educator wants to find resources on reading suitable for kindergarten through 2nd grade students.
- Log into WEB FEET and click on Advanced Search from the top of the home page.
- Enter "reading" in the search by Subject entry box.
- Go to refine your search options and click on Grades K-2 in the Limit by Grade(s) box.
- Click on the arrow button to retrieve more than 78 Internet resources.